Lisa Bennett has been part of the Magnus team for five years. As our customer services supervisor, she describes her days as “busy busy busy”.
She arrives at the office by 630am. One of Lisa’s roles is to track deliveries. Lisa’s working hours mean that Magnus Group’s clients know immediately when they arrive at their desk in the morning what has happened to their overnight deliveries.
“Our clients appreciate the excellent service we provide,” explains Lisa. “When something goes wrong, and delivery is delayed, I make sure our client knows before their customer tells them. They understand that vehicles break down, or long journeys can have unavoidable delays so they appreciate the early heads up”.
Lisa also makes sure that quotes are provided on time, and that customers are informed of ETAs. She ensures that Magnus’s customers know exactly what is happening with their goods, and where the goods are. “It is all about communication and keeping everyone informed. Being honest and open with our clients is really appreciated. If it goes wrong, we work in partnership and it gets resolved”, says Lisa.
Describing Magnus as somewhere that “feels like home”, Lisa speaks about working at Magnus Group head office at Great Blakenham, with passion. She tries to put into words the family feeling that exists, and the confidence that it gives her. “Over the past few years, Magnus has grown for the better. We have new IT systems in place which help us with our roles, and it has improved communication with our customers. The new management structure and the people who have joined the team give me confidence in what I am doing. Most of all it is about the friendly, family feeling,” reflects Lisa.
You don’t have to talk to Lisa for long to appreciate her dedication to Magnus Group, her team, and her role.
- First Job – working in a football club social bar. In the days of Granville-style tills (if you know, you know!) and when employment law didn’t worry about the age of workers behind the bar too much!!
- A secret colleagues and customers won’t know – Lisa describes herself as an open book, who is always chatty and friendly so it seems that most “secrets” have already been shared over the past five years. Although perhaps not everyone will know about the five tattoos she has.
- Bucket List – without hesitation Lisa would move abroad and live in Jamaica. That would be after taking her mum and dad on a cruise.
Magnus Group, a haulage, warehousing and freight forwarding logistics company, is based just outside Ipswich, Suffolk. Placed ideally to serve the Port of Felixstowe with direct road links to the Midlands, the North and London. If you would like to know more about our warehousing, transport or global forwarding teams call us on +44 (0) 1473836600 or email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
We advertise our jobs on our company website: if you would like to join our team, follow our LinkedIn company page and check out our website.
Tags: career in logistics, family business, haulage Suffolk, Haulier East Anglia, Ipswich Haulier, Team Magnus, transport companies, UK transport and haulage services in Ipswich
Categorised in: Uncategorised
- Warehousing, Road Freight and Freight Forwarding
- Customer Service Excellence
- Meet Our People – Lisa Bennett
- Stress Awareness Month
- Welcome to the Suffolk 100
- New Fleet Additions for Magnus Group
- Finalist in the IoD Awards 2022
- Freight Forwarding – Changes 2022
- Suffolk 100 – an honour for Olly Magnus
- Meet Our People – Michelle Bone