Keen Ipswich Town supporters will notice something odd about this version of the 2021/22 squad photo.
There, sitting between manager Paul Cook and captain Sam Morsy is a face they may not be able to name.
Is it a last-minute signing who had not had time to put on his kit? Given his physique, this is unlikely.
Maybe he is part of the new American ownership group? The club’s new fitness coach (even more unlikely). Maybe the coach driver?
All wrong. This is Magnus Group CEO Olly Magnus, sitting proudly amongst the team he has supported since he was a boy.
Ipswich Town FC sponsor
You may recall that Magnus Group was announced as the sponsor of Ipswich Town’s main stand this season.
As a result of this agreement and being asked to join the Ipswich Town Community Trust board, Olly got something unexpected – to be part of the squad photo session.
The actual squad photo, which will adorn the bedroom walls of thousands of young fans, does not include Olly.
But this special out-take is one he treasures.
“I’ve been as excited as a kid since we unveiled the Magnus Group West Stand. And so humbled by the experience, too.
“Then, to be asked along to join Paul Cook and the squad for this special photo was amazing. Thankfully, nobody passed me a ball.”
Tags: community, Ipswich Town FC, sponsorship
Categorised in: Uncategorised
- A twist on tradition – Honouring Paul Magnus
- Warehousing Staff Shortages
- Supporting Our Team – and managing the driver shortage
- Meet the new Magnus Trucks
- ‘Tis the season – Community Spirit at Magnus Group
- Olly Magnus achieves boyhood dream, aged 40-something
- Meet Our People – Gerard Finch
- Meet Our People – Josh Everett
- Magnus Group CEO appointed to ITFC Community Trust board
- Meet Our People – Annelies Pattinson