Being approached by Commercial Motor for a profile piece on Magnus Group, after only 18 months as CEO, was described by Olly Magnus as a “massive honour”. With Olly’s normal humility, he also describes it as a “surprise” that his actions over the past 18 months afforded a six-page spread in the publication. He is frequently on social media describing himself as “just Olly from Ipswich” but what he is doing for Magnus, is having an impact on the logistics, warehousing and freight distribution industry overall.
Commercial Motor, a weekly road transport trade magazine in the UK, has been running since 1905. Referred to as CM by its 23,500 readers, it is the magazine to read to find out what is new in the industry, and who the leaders are.
CM is a subscription-only publication, with a large following on social media. If you work in the industry or supply the sector, then follow on Twitter, FB or LI if you aren’t already.
The profile on Magnus Group and Olly was published on 20 May 2021. Magnus Group is not unusual being a family run business. It’s not even unusual being on the second generation of the family. But what is unusual is how Olly came to be CEO in 2019, and how fast he has made his mark on the company. Magnus Group is a road haulage, warehousing, and freight forwarding company based in Suffolk. The article highlights:
- How Olly didn’t inherit on the death of his father, and Magnus Group founder. He used his proceeds from the sale of his previous company to purchase 40% and has since invested to purchase an additional 14%.
- How Olly values his team. He believes in leading by example being one of the first ones in, and one of the last ones out. Olly has taken steps to improve the working environment and staff welfare, recruited great leaders in the industry, introduced a clear division structure to support the team and put his team first.
- Olly Magnus has taken a stagnant company and introduced new energy. A company that started as a road haulage company now has strong divisions in warehousing, pallet distribution and freight forwarding. Since Olly became CEO, warehousing has been doubled in size. Freight Forwarding, based in Felixstowe, has now been introduced.
It is not the normal story of a son inheriting a business. This is a story of someone travelling their own path, and building on a legacy with their style and approach.
Read the article
Find out more by reading the CM article.Commercial Motor
Magnus Group, a haulage, warehousing and freight forwarding logistics company, is based just outside Ipswich, Suffolk, ideally placed to serve the Port of Felixstowe with direct road links to the Midlands, the North and London. If you would like to know more about our warehousing, transport or global forwarding teams call us on +44 (0) 1473836600 or email on email@example.com. We advertise our driver jobs on our company website: if you would like to join our team, follow our LinkedIn company page and check out our website.
Tags: Freight Forwarding, freight forwarding Felixstowe, Haulage, haulage Suffolk, Haulier East Anglia, Ipswich Haulier, Transportation, warehousing
Categorised in: Newsletters
- Meet Our People – Annelies Pattinson
- World Mental Health Day 2021 – We can all make a difference
- The Paul Magnus Memorial Golf Day 2021
- Long-serving staff gifted Ipswich Town hospitality experience
- Meet Our People – Simon Barker
- Sharing the road with Ipswich Town FC
- Government Takes Action to Help Driver Shortage
- Branding, Image and Corporate Fun – the perfect Magnus Mix!
- Meet Our People – Dave and Sydney
- Magnus Group unveiled as new Ipswich Town Football Club Stand Sponsor